AFFORDABLE Educational Resources for kids - Life with the Lamsays

 Now that Hunter is in 3 year old Kindergarten, I thought it’s about time we had a look at the latest educational resources that are in the local shops. One shop that I really love to check out is Kmart, and we already have a fair few bits from there too. 

They have a big variety (emotions, telling the time, letter tracing etc), and best of all, they’re super affordable. They have games, puzzles, flash cards, activities, and Hunter is always really engaged when I get them out. I’ll have to crack open the tub of stuff we have stored away, and make use of them on our days off together.

Another great place to shop for resources is Aldi. They usually have activity books there, and we’ve gotten some puzzles there too, you just have to go as soon as their new bits come out, otherwise you often miss out. They also do really cheap books for only a couple of dollars, and we have a fair few of those too. They’re short ones that are perfect for reading at bedtime.

However, something new that I tried today, was making Hunter his own little activity book, and drawing the different pages myself. I got some great ideas from creators over on TikTok (mainly @caitlin___13), and saved some of their videos to draw out. Using just a black marker pen, some different coloured crayons, and some coloured circle stickers, I was able to draw up some cute little activities that I hope he’ll enjoy doing! The book was $4, the stickers were $2 (both from Woolworths), and the rest we already had at home. 

Now whilst Hunter does have an iPad with some games, as well as YouTube Kids on it, I’m looking forward to trying out some of these screen-free activities to keep him occupied as well as helping him prior to starting school!


Until next time!

Comments

• POPULAR POSTS •