Miki & family - Mums on the Border - Life with the Lamsays

This week’s Mums on the Border takeover post was written by Mama Miki, and here’s her story and a write up about her family holiday…

I have 2 boys that are 18 months old and 5 years old. I’ve been a Mum since I was 22, which is quite young but my partner is 7 years older than me. I’m now 28, and I’m definitely done having kids. We went on our first family holiday over the 23/24 New Year’s Eve. The boys’ Meme (my partner’s Mum) lives in South Durras, which is just north of Bateman’s Bay NSW. The boys weren’t too sure about the ocean, but they both loved playing in the sand. We got some amazing photos - we saw dolphins, seals and so many birds, and it was a great way to say goodbye to 2023!

I grew up in both Wodonga and Beechworth, my Mum resides in Wodonga, and my Dad is from Beechworth. I’m very passionate about low tox living, and I’m now selling low tox haircare called Monat, which has been available in Australia for 3 years.


On the 17th December 2022 (my eldest son’s 4th birthday), when I was still breastfeeding my little 5 month old, I got very sick, thinking I just had food poisoning. After three weeks, I was diagnosed with Acute Cerebellitis. It affected my walking, talking, personal care and eating - I've had to learn everything again.


It’s a very rare brain injury that usually happens to children. I was hospitalised for a total of 5 months, and came home luckily to my Mum and step-dads house on May the 12th 2023. I still see a speech, occupational and physio therapist, and they estimate it might take up to 2 years for me to recover - or I might never fully recover. Being a Mum is hard, being a disabled Mum is even harder.



Until next time!

Comments

• POPULAR POSTS •