Part one of our family getaway to Dandenong

 I did say that I wouldn’t be doing another playground post for a while, and even though this post is about our getaway in general, of course we visited a few parks over the weekend. If you’ve been reading this blog for a while now, you know.

I’d already scoped out a few fun ones that I thought Hunter would enjoy, but we’ve also planned a few other things to do whilst we were here. We packed way too many bags, and we didn’t end up having a proper dinner, but we had showers, and a cuppa, so that’s something I guess. 

We haven’t been to Melbourne in almost a year, and last time we came here, we stayed in a hotel. We finally got to use our Big4 voucher we got from my mother in law, and Chelle booked us into the park in Dandenong. We had to reschedule a couple of times due to changing jobs, and having to wait so long for the first big pay cheque to come through - but this time, we made it!

We got to other tourist park late last night, as we headed off once Chelle finished work at 4.30pm. Hunter did so well - he stayed awake the whole trip, watching Paw Patrol on his iPad, and then crashed before 10.30pm in bed. No songs, no bedtime story, just rolled over and zonked it after I put “Foxy” his Riff Raff toy on.

It’s a gorgeous cabin, and there was milk in the fridge too so these mums could have a cuppa before bed. Everything is super clean, and we’d definitely stay here again.

Because I’ve babbled on so much about the trip here, please stay tuned for part two…

Until next time!

Comments

• POPULAR POSTS •