Our little wooden kitchen setup

“Wow, I feel so happy”

Hunter has really been getting into role playing and creative play when we go to playgrounds, and pretends to serve us coffee, toast, cake etc. It’s the cutest thing ever, and it’s great that he can use his imagination without having any toys or props handy.

However, as I do, I went browsing the internet for toys on Kmart’s website, and came across a little wooden kitchen for $39! What a bargain, right? So I added it to my cart, and kept looking. I found a wooden breakfast set, a babycino set (and if you know, you know), a coffee machine, and a set of kids metal pots and pans. All of that came to less than $100, and I got it delivered too!

I started off by setting up just the food whilst Hunter was napping, because I can’t build any kind of flat pack to save my life - I leave them for Chelle to do - she tells me she hates it, but she gets it done.

His reaction was so cute, and once the kitchen was built a few days later, he was so in love with it. I just had to have one more look in Kmart to see what other sets they had on clearance. I came across a sandwich & fruit set, and then I just had to get the sushi one too. They had it at day care, and that’s the first thing he said when he saw the original set up - “no sushi”. I felt bad!

I opened up the two newer sets I got him last night, and he said “wow, I feel so happy!” How cute right? He’s had his cousin over a couple of times since, and she’s been loving the toy kitchen too! She loves playing cafes with the plastic food we used to have, and even with playdoh. She’s always asking us what we want to eat and serving it up to us - so it’s so nice to see them play together!

Check out the photos below to see our little set up, and make sure you jump on to Kmart’s website if you want to grab something one because I’m not sure how many they have left! They also have a little wooden bistro on there which is only $49 - it looks adorable too!






Until next time!

 

Comments

• POPULAR POSTS •